Job Title: IT Systems Engineer
Classification: Full-Time Employee
Days/Hours Per Week: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Start Date: Immediate
Primary Location: Columbus Office
Join a dynamic locally owned and operated technology group as an IT Systems Engineer.
Headquartered in Albion, NE, with branches in Fullerton and Columbus, Applied Connective provides innovative communication, surveillance, security, and technical solutions to a growing list of commercial clients throughout the region, and this rapid growth necessitates bringing new talent onto our team. Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated, hardworking, and technology-savvy candidate to take on a key role as an IT Systems Engineer. This will be a full-time position with standard hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
As an IT Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Support, installation, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server and related desktop OS.
- Support of Active Directory, Group Policy, roles/features, and related client/server technologies.
- Windows Server, desktop OS, Exchange, Office 365 migrations
- Support, design, and installation of virtualization: HyperV and VMware
- Support and implementation of LAN, WAN, WLAN network architecture and TCP/IP functions (DHCP, routing, DNS, etc.)
- Support and understanding of firewalls, routers, switching, VPN, VLAN
- Support and implementation of various BDR (backup and disaster recovery solutions)
- System documentation, ticketing, help desk and workflow coordination with peers
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting printers, Microsoft office applications, scanners, and other workstation hardware
- Variety of other level 1 and 2 IT duties, such as hardware and connectivity troubleshooting, malware removal, system prep and deployment, etc.
- Promptly and accurately completing service orders and workflow
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone, and other electronic media
- Provide basic training to clients on the use of systems and applications as related to Internet
Qualified applicants must:
- Be self-motivated, efficient, hardworking, organized, detail-oriented, and extremely reliable
- Be able to work independently and efficiently, without the need for constant supervision, to meet deadlines
- Be able to promptly answer support-related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications
- Be able to perform light lifting, up to roughly 25 lbs.
- Have experience with hardware and software issues
- Demonstrate proficiency in Internet-related applications, such as email clients, TFP clients, and web browsers
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Be able to interpret reported issues and understand the urgency of any reported issues
- Have a working knowledge of Active Directory membership/domain joins, profile structure, and registry edits
- Understand print servers, malware removal tools, DSL and cable connection types and setup, smartphone setup and troubleshooting, TCP/IP configuration, and OS and application operations
- Minimum 3 years in the IT field with experience in support, consulting, and implementation
- Standard certifications or equivalent experience (A+, Network+, MCSE, etc.)
- Prior managed service provider experience is a plus
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter, resumé, and a list of references to
Boone County Mobile Food Pantry×
Boone County Fair Parade×